I think the best way to complete your All-American look, is to reach for a fire engine red lipstick.
I know that the search for one is pretty daunting on your own, so here are a few of my favorites:
- MAC “Feel So Grand” – liquid lipsticks are my jam and when MAC came out with their own, I had to give them a try. MAC was one of the first companies to come out with stand-out, stellar reds, so I knew this one would be good. It’s a bright red, not too blue not too orange, and very long wearing. Be sure to exfoliate and moisturize before hand because this formula is pretty drying. Find it here
- Anastasia Beverly Hills “American Doll” – the name alone could be why I picked this color – but this truly is one of my favorite red lipsticks and I think the Anastasia Beverly Hills formula and their applicator make her line of liquid lipsticks my ultimate liquid lipstick crack. It’s a deep, but bright blue-red with a smooth even formula that’s long-wearing. Find it here
- Coloured Raine “Cherry Blossom” – THIS RED Y’ALL!!! It’s a beautiful deep cherry red color that’s perfect for any skin type, which is exactly what the founder of this company wanted, and she hit the blue-based red color and the longwearing, non-drying formula right on the head. Find it here
- Two Faced “Lady Balls” – It’s always a little scary when one of your favorite makeup brands jumps on a makeup trend bandwagon, because you hope that their formula doesn’t suck and make you regret your purchase. But Two Faced did a GREAT job on their liquid lipsticks, and their red is a classic true matte red. This formula is a smidge drying, so remember to exfoliate and lightly moisturize before applying. Find Lady Balls here
- MAC “Ruby Woo” – Last but not least, an oldie but a goodie – the OG CLASSIC RED LIPSTICK – Ruby Woo by MAC. This isn’t a liquid lipstick, this is your classic retro matte MAC formula, it’s pretty drying and I highly recommend a lip pencil to line your lips first (like Brick or Cherry by MAC) to enhance the shape and give the color a nice outline of where to go, but this color is highly universal and looks beautiful on every skin tone I’ve seen it on. Find it here
Not everyone is comfortable with a red lip, but I say push past your comfort zones and never give up on finding the right red shade for you, because nothing can make you feel like a boss a$$ b!tch like beautifully painted red lips.
The Glam Greek