So you don’t have a Valentine this year, boo freaking hoo!
If you’re under the age of 22, I can see how not having someone to buy you a large teddy bear & big balloon can sorta suck, but after 28 years of life, Valentine’s Day isn’t all its cracked up to be even when you’re boo’d up.
This year, I’m flying sola and loving it. There’s no pressure to partake in the cheesiness of it all, although I am wearing pink right now – but I would’ve worn pink or red regardless of the holiday, okay?! However, I understand how this holiday brings awareness to how “single” one is, has been, or can be and I comprehend the anxiety of it all, especially at my age –
OMG I’M SINGLE!!!
WHY DOESN’T ANYONE LOVE ME?
I’M GOING TO DIE ALONE AND ALL MY CATS ARE GOING TO DEVOUR MY FACE!
But then I pulled myself together, and compiled a list of 10 reasons why I will enjoy my singleness this Valentine’s Day!
- You don’t have to worry about getting a gift. And if you’re a hetero female, aren’t straight dudes are the hardest recipient to shop for?
- Take that $$ you would’ve spent on your date and TREAT YO-SELF!
- You don’t have to partake in the tacky, forced, kitsch feel of this holiday -unless you TRULY want to!
- You don’t have to shave your legs!
- You can stay home in comfy pjs, put on a facemask & watch or do whatever the heck you’d like (only person you gotta compromise is with yourself!)
- You can wear lipgloss!!! Because you won’t have some dude trying to smooch it all off! (unless you’re looking for a V-Day hookup, then get it girl!)
- You can dress & do your makeup however the heck you want! Besides, if your man doesn’t like you wearing “so much makeup” or doesn’t believe that leggings can be pants, then why you with him, though?? You don’t need that negativity in your life!
- Dinner for 1 means dishes for 1. Or just eat out of the carton – don’t even use utensils! No one will judge!
- You don’t have to share your chocolates.
- or wine!
!! Bonus Reason #11 !! Massive chocolate sales at your local drugstores tomorrow !!
I actually really like Valentine’s Day – I just don’t like how it can make some feel inadequate if they don’t have a date or plans. Overpriced chocolates, roses and hard to get dinner reservations for a night out in a crowded restaurant isn’t exactly my idea of L’AMOUR.
Love should be celebrated every day, and to whoever I end up with – bring me chocolate covered strawberries on a random Tuesday because you love me. That’s the only reason I need.
we should love ourselves so fiercely, that when others see us they know exactly how it should be done.
Wishing you all a love-filled Wednesday for however and with whoever you’re celebrating San Valentin.
The Glam Greek