Missed out on the Milani sale earlier this month? Don’t fret, because this brand is as amazing and affordable as they come.
Little else excites me more than a GOOD, QUALITY, and AFFORDABLE makeup brand. I can find the need to buy makeup anywhere I’m at – whether it’s Walgreens or Nordstrom, if lost, you can pretty much 98% of the time find me in the cosmetics department. But little else disappoints me more than drugstore beauty duds. Those eyeshadow palettes that look so pretty in pan, then blend terribly; those lipsticks that feel more like slippery paint than a luscious lip color; those foundations that oxidize and splotch after 2-3 hours of wear.. the list of drugstore beauty finds gone wrong can go on.
But then there are the classics, that though they let you down once in a while, for the most part always seem to come in so clutch!
Milani has been around for a WHILE. I think their Baked Blush was one of my very first purchases from them after being recommended by a highly reputable Youtube guru (I’m thinking it might’ve been Marlena of MakeupGeek?). But since then had only ventured out of my comfort zone with the brand once or twice, trying out their pencil & liquid eyeliner, a couple of their lipsticks and glosses. But with NYX dominating the affordable/drugstore makeup world, Milani has been upping their game. So over this past summer, I accumulated a handful of their other products to see if they live up to their hype..[I’m contemplating doing full reviews on the foundation and the lipsticks, if interested – please leave a comment!]
- The first purchase was the Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation + Concealer; a friend of mine had raved about it, and a foundation that cuts out a step in the glam process is what I’m all about! I liked it so much, I decided to continue expanding my collection
- Next came the highlighters – another friend of mine used one of these highlighters on her daughter. I halfway blinded myself by looking too directly at the glow. For $11, I had to try these out. While at Walgreens though, I noticed this really pretty warm blush palette, so I threw that in my basket as well. The collection needed to keep growing!
- Liquid lipsticks are my jam! They’re easy to apply, have longer staying power on average over a regular stick, and the colors come off much more vibrant. Since bright colored liquid lipsticks can sometimes have a splotchy formula, I didn’t want to risk too much (even though these are only $9), so I opted for 2 neutral colors
- THEN I noticed they had METALLIC LIQUID LIPSTICKS!! *swoon* Considering I had already grabbed 2 neutral colors in their regular matte liquid lipstick formula, and I was so impressed by the wear, color pay off and formula; I decided to bet on a richer, brighter color like the one in the lower left corner in the picture above
- The products listed above were so amazing, I decided to continue branching and grabbing a concealer/highlighter & their eyeshadow primer. After a couple uses, do I think they’re life-changing and revolutionary?? Not exactly, but for their price range, they are ROCKSTARS!
Milani products used as pictured above : Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation + Concealer in Golden Tan, Strobelight Instant Glow Powder in Sunglow & Color Harmony Blush Palette in Berry Rays
Milani products used as pictured above : Conceal + Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation + Concealer in Golden Tan, Retouch + Erase Light-Lifting Concealer in Light, & Strobelight Instant Glow Powder in Dayglow
Milani product used NOT pictured above : Amore Matte Lip Creme in Obsession
- Foundation – wears very well and covers EVERYTHING. Redness, blemishes, discoloration – this foundation + concealer has got you covered… literally. It’s very thick, but doesn’t feel like a mask. Although, granted, it doesn’t feel light/airy either.
- Highlighter – BEAUTIFUL!!! Probably my favorite Milani purchase so far. The pigmentation is incredible alone, but adding a little Fix + to your brush at application will help you be seen from outer space.
- Blush – what can I say? Milani blushes are some of my all-time favorite, affordable cheek colors. I like these “sun-dial” type blushes in particular because the colors work together to give a gorgeous wash instead of “in-your-face”, loud color. I also think that the formula for this blush in particular helps to achieve the light “flushed” cheek look as well since the product isn’t too powdery, lessening the chance for user error
- Retouch + Erase Light-Lifting concealer was strange. I found the formula and color to be GREAT! It blended underneath my eye area seamlessly, although I did have to work it a little; but what bugged me the most was the applicator… it was a sponge with a hole in the middle where the product dispenses from. The sponge was a little too hard to use for blending in, so I just applied the product straight to the areas I needed and blended it in with a separate Beauty Blender.
- BUT THIS LIP COLOR THOUGH!!! I inadvertently found my lip color for this coming fall season. And for $9, this puppy stayed on for about 5 hours, and lasted through a traditional, greasy, messy Sunday-night football dinner of sliders and jalapeno poppers without smudging too much or giving that dreaded chola lip. It’s also a fairly moisturizing formula, so my lips didn’t appear cracked but the lipstick didn’t adhere to my cups or utensils too much either!
This tried and true brand is expanding their presence in the makeup world, and their research & development team is making sure they’re not getting left behind in the dust. Their products are amazing, as they’ve pretty much always been. If you’re looking to try out new makeup products, Milani is the way to go as their products are affordable, good quality and will keep you on trend.
The Glam Greek