Kalo Mina!!! Today is exactly 6 months to a brand new year! 2020 is coming in as quick as the first half of the year has passed, so naturally it’s time for a reality check.
Resolution : a firm decision to do or not to do something, something that is resolved
Goal : an aim or a desired result
The very definition of resolution itself sets me up for failure before I can even come up with a new year’s resolution amidst the holiday chaos. So I make goals! And here’s the thing about New Year’s “Goals” – if your goal is to lose weight, then if you fall a little short of the goal, it’s not like you’re a TOTAL failure. On the contrary with resolutions; if that isn’t resolved by the end of the year – done. You did not complete the task, and you suck.
Just kidding, at the end of the day, it’s really not that serious. For me, it’s a mindset. A goal is something that I constantly work for, but now’s the time to check myself, where am I at with what I had aimed for at the beginning of the year.
- Change of Scenery
- I felt I had reached a dead end at work, so I knew I needed to finally take the jump and explore something bigger. In March, I got a really amazing call and started a new gig in May! Check!
- Be & Stay More Organized.
- Sooo… I have not been consistent with my day to day planner that I throw in my bag to stay organized, BUT I have been pretty good with the TimeTree app! I use it with my boyfriend to keep up with extremely busy social and work calendars. Now if I could just keep up with the personal reminders… That’ll be second half of the year
- Clean Up Eating & Cut Back on # of Glasses of Wine
- I started a new relationship last year, and when you first start dating, it’s all fun and games until you can’t fit in your pants. Then the holidays came around, and I just wasn’t ready to fully commit against drinking a good glass or two of wine, especially after a truly hectic day! Now, I’ve finally tried Whole30, and have only a couple days left in my first round! Check!
- Purge Makeup Stash & Reorganizing
- I’ve bought bins from Container Store to organize makeup in my Ikea Alex drawers. That’s about as far as I’ve gotten.
- Create Gallery Wall for Bathroom & Bedroom
- I have acquired a couple of frames, etc… That’s about it
- Be More Aware of My Finances
- Spreadsheets!!! I never thought Excel would become my favorite Microsoft Office application, especially since I use it everyday for work. I haven’t solved all my financial questions, but I’m in the baby steps to a great habit none-the-less. I consider this a win.
If you have work left to do towards any resolutions or goals you had for the year, I’m right there with you. It’s not time to give up yet! Don’t let anyone stop you or get in your way, you’ve come so far already. We’ve got this.