Kalo Mina!! The first day of a new month is always really exciting, but the first day of a new October?!? Y’all.
Here’s a list of reasons why October is the best out of all the other 12 months of the year (no offense to anyone!! But these are the hard facts) :
- The weather in Houston gets consistently better – we may not cool off completely, and there can be high humidity days well into “fall” but we do get more “cool” fronts coming though promising for drier air, which paired with dropped temperatures is BAE.
- Good weather also subsequently means great hair and makeup days, and getting to wear cute semi-fall outfits without melting
- Greek Festival is always the first full weekend of October.
- It’s Festival season – Turkish Festival, the Italian Festival, Bayou City Art Festival…
- It’s wedding season for this usually stifling hot city
- Princess Maria day falls around the 3rd weekend of the month
This first day of October is also extra special this year as it’s officially one month post op! I hit 4 weeks this past Friday. I can’t say it’s been the easiest of journeys, but I’m walking better, quicker, and faster; swelling has gone down a lot compared to the first couple of weeks after my surgery, and I’m feeling better walking in other shoes besides sneakers!! When this is all said and done, I think I’ll miss having a good excuse to wear sneakers with all my dresses all the time.
Having had ACL surgery years ago, I was expecting a meniscectomy to be a walk in the park in comparison. Having ACL reconstruction was definitely a huge challenge for me, putting me out of commission for dancing or really much physical activity for about 6 months. Being the echelon for what I’d consider a knee surgery to be like, plus my doctor and nurses making meniscus surgery out to sound like nothing considering recovery is only about 4-6 weeks and you can bear weight on it immediately post op, I seriously was expecting to rebound within no time at all. Having my standards set pretty high for where I’d be at this point, and not be there has been rough.
I knew I had to change my expectations and my outlook otherwise this was going to be a ridiculously long journey without the right mindset.
It’s tough not being able to be as active as I want to be, but being a month post op already and feeling great, I know in due time I WILL be back to working out, wearing heels and DANCING!
Probably just in time for Princess Maria Day!
Wishing you all a wonderful and super fun, October!!
The Glam Greek