Legit worked pretty much my entire summer.
I started a new job, and unfortunately in America, taking anything longer than a straight week vacation is looked at as shocking, unless there’s “tenure” involved. Which, is understandable, however, we gotta take truly unplugged breaks every once in a while, even if you’re the new kid on the block.
The highlight of my summer was shopping for makeup at the beginning – picking out products that I try to see if they stand the test of time : the hot and humid Houston summers. Brutal.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Powder – that Caribbean honey, Rihanna, knows what it’s like to deal with those sweaty, humid days and nights. This powder is worth the try if you’re worried about your face melting off the moment you walk out the door.
- ABH Dipbrow Gel – On the fence about this product! Did I love it? No, But would I buy it again? For sure. I like it better than regular brow gel because of the small, tapered applicator and thicker, darker product, but it was kinda gloppy (is this a word?) and doesn’t feel like it brushes as evenly through my brows as the regular ol’ gel. But, boy does it stay ON! Through sweat and… yeah, that’s all I did this summer, but brows never rubbed off.
- ABH Brow Wiz – Love this product. Will re-buy again and again. I just happened to include it in this early summer’s haul!
- Moroccan Oil Treatment – The Original Moroccan oil treatment, the brand’s name is literally Moroccanoil. I love this stuff! I use this about every 3 times I wash my hair, and it tames the curls and combats the frizz that I love so much…
- ABH Riviera Palette – I’m going to be completely honest, I haven’t actually used this palette yet. This is tragic… I know, but maybe I’ll do a post separately for this beautiful summery palette??
- Huda Beauty Liquid Lipstick – I tried out Sugar Mama and Trophy Wife a while back and Trophy Wife has to be ONE OF MY TIP TOP VERY FAVORITE LIP COLORS EVERRRRRR!!! But it’s dark, reddish mauve makes Trophy Wife perfect for fall, and left me wanting something similar for Spring/Summer. Gossip Girl is described as the perfect everyday pink, and I have to agree with that! It’s got a hint of Barbie while also being normal enough to wear to the office. Cheerleader, “a delicately muted red”?? It was a deep red like lots of other lipsticks in my repertoire, BUT the formula SUCKED! It was watery, slippery and bled once it finally dried. I returned it immediately.
In all, I hardly did ANY painting of the sort this summer. I spent it perfecting my craft of the “quick, looked really pulled together” makeup look. Which I now rock some sort of variation of on the daily for my werkin-woman boss-babe vibes! No complaints there, but I’m ready to get my hands on the Riviera palette and get some COLOR in my life!
PSA : I just got Sephora’s 20% Summer VIB Sale in my emails! Going on from 8/19 – 8/23! Feel free to leave any suggestions for what to get in my upcoming haul!