Anyone who says they have the most perfect relationship with their mother can kiss my… just kidding. But seriously, how many times do we have some choice words to say back, perhaps roll our eyes, or sigh exasperatingly at what our moms have to say about how we live our lives? Just me? Yeah… I guess I can be a pain in the…
But the little lady that housed me in her belly and then spent her life giving me a life of lessons and unforgettable memories/experiences from her raising me into the adult I am today, is THE sweetest angel there is. She’s kind, loving, SO SMART!!! (sometimes too smart, it’s scary), beautiful, warm, compassionate, peaceful, selfless, calming, level-headed and so strong. Not only to us, and those she loves, but even a stranger on the street. She’s taught me what it is to be a decent human being in a world that can be mostly cruel and cold, she lives her life out by one of my favorite Commandments – Love thy neighbor. Not only has my family been able to experience and love the woman that loves God so completely, but so have the people that ever come in contact with her. I’ve never met, and probably never will meet a woman more generous with her love than my momma. Which is why this first post I’ve written in a while, is dedicated to the precious gem I call, Mom.
You know those commercials around the time that the Olympics air, summer or winter, usually from like, Cheerios or some milk commercial, where they show all the behind the scenes of the proud mamas? (the ones that get you right in the feels??) Well I always think about those around Mother’s Day, because oftentimes we get to where we are as adults and THEN look back at all the behind the scenes works our Moms did for us – wake us up early for school, make our lunches, make sure we eat breakfast, make sure we do our homework & work assignments, came to all of our games, dance recitals, concerts, school plays, taking pride in everything that we do, etc, and the list goes on…
I know, Moms are pretty rad right?? So I’ve compiled my TOP TEN REASONS WHY MOMS ROCK!!! (in no particular order)
- Let’s start with the first – she carried us in her tummy for months and then, had to endure this thing called labor where she has to push something the size of a small watermelon out of her body. Or hopefully she had a Stork deliver you, either way, they gave us the very life we breath, so thanks for that!
- Sweet notes they leave – in lunch boxes, and maybe now that it’s 2018 – in a text message or email – just letting us know how much they love us
- Always making sure her babies are fed.
- Providing unconditional love – would never understand that concept if it weren’t for mothers. What if I had turned out to be a huge eff-up?? My momma would still love me 🙂 (probs, I hope!!)
- Because – WHO RUN THE WORLD? – GIRLS! – Without mamas, how would we as ladies, know how to act and how would fellas learn how to treat a lady?
- Superhuman strength – emotionally (& sometimes physically! ever heard of moms lifting vehicles off a baby?)
- They always have your back
- Talk about a cheerleader!! I can’t imagine not having my mom at every home game and every dance competition
- Making holidays fun & bright
- THE ULTIMATE SLEEP SACRIFICE – and for this I am ETERNALLY grateful (because, boy, do I LOVE ME SOME SLEEP!!!!)
for this and SO many reasons more, I think it’s safe to say that we children are not worthy of YOU QUEENS!!!!
Thank you Moms of the world!
and to mine in particular, and my sister – who’s now a mother of her own – love you forever.
The Glam Greek